Monday, July 9, 2012

Operation Baghdad re-post #2

And continuing my theme of recycling old stuff (Been watching a lot of Hollywood remakes), here is my second (and only other) blog attempt documenting my time in Baghdad.



Well, I have not added as much to the blog as I had originally hoped to do but I wanted more pictures to add before I posted. Unfortunately, I need a permission slip to take pictures around the palace and the Embassy compound, which I am sure I will get eventually.

Starting from where I left off last time, the rest of my belongings arrived the day I did. Unfortunately for some in my group, there was a little mix up and one individual thought she had her stuff but it was mine. The belongings that were labeled mine belonged to a third individual and the stuff that was his actually was labled with the first person's info. I guess it ended up great for me cause I got my stuff quick. Everyone else got it straightened out pretty quickly and they got their stuff a few days later. My work gear arrived in two shipments, once I received a day or two after arrival and a second I received two weeks later.

I have quickly become accustomed to my surroundings and my work. Each day is usually an exact repeat of the day before. Maybe a better title for this post should have been "Groundhog Day". For those who have seen Bill Murray's rather humorous movie of the same title, you will understand the reference. In someways, this works out well because I have a fairly set routine that I just repeat on an hourly basis. One of the several downsides of this is that I have absolutely no idea what day it is...ever. On top of that, our "weekend" is Friday and Saturday. Of course, when working 7 days a week, there is not much of a weekend for us but hey, its only one year, which I have just completed one month of.


Overall, we are doing our best to stay safe and keep those that are detailed to us safe. Most people I work with do an outstanding job and for the most part, I am enjoying the experience although I would much rather be home with my family, whom I miss very much.

Until next time, have fun, enjoy life and be safe.

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment