Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years NON-Resolution


res·o·lu·tion 

[rez-uh-loo-shuhnnoun
1.
a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usuallyafter voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club,or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2.
a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3.
the act of resolving or determining upon an action or courseof action, method, procedure, etc.
4.
the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute;firmness of purpose.
5.
the act or process of resolving or separating into constituentor elementary parts. 

re·solve 

[ri-zolv] verb, -solved, -solv·ing,nounverb (used with object)
1.
to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine(to do something): I have resolved that I shall live to the full.

Every year, since I was probably 16 years old, I have made approximately 3 New Year's Resolutions. The SAME 3 resolutions;

1. Lose weight
2. Get in shape
3. Put more money in the bank/pay off debt.

You should, at this point, see a flaw with this method. If in fact, I was successful, I would chose new and more empowering "resolutions" but the simple fact is, I just turned 37 years old and weigh more than I did when I was 16, am now slower than I was when I was 16, and have a lot more debt than I did when I was 16. (age difference not withstanding).

I have decided that instead of making yet another pointless resolution, I am just going to make these things a normal part of my life and follow the advice of people much smarter than I. The Medical profession has stated in numerous cases and studies that we should exercise and watch what we eat. I think it is common sense and think I will just follow that advice. The church councils that we should be debt free and most financial experts recommend having 3 months to 6 months of savings. Again, I should follow the advice of those much smarter than me.... Finally, I want to write more and be regular with a blog of sorts (hence this thing). I am not resolving to do this or making a New Year's resolution. I am simply following the example set by my amazing wife, who does an amazing job with our blog, "Just Us".

So, here is to not making Resolutions and just living life the way it should be lived.

Happy New Year



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I hope you enjoy it as much as we "veterans" do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures and thankyou for sharing all of this with us

    ReplyDelete